Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Spot of Tea

In March of 2011 my parents had the wonderful opportunity to go to England for a week and a half. Which left me alone in the house, bored. Yes bored, I was not allowed to go adults only but whatever I drowned myself in my cake decorating. I decided to make this cake fit for afternoon tea with the Queen of England herself or the future bride of Prince William. Lillies are my favorite flower of all time so I gave myself a new challenge of perfecting the sugar lily flower. This time I made a spice cake with butterscotch pudding in between the two layers. I had also never decorated a square shaped cake either and gave myself another challenge in this cake. The frosting is not chocolate however this time I just colored it to look like chocolate. Since the inside of the lillies are a purple/mauve color I added that color to the edges of the cake to give it that royal scroll look.






No comments:

Post a Comment