Sunday, January 8, 2012

Roller Derby Queen's Birthday

My girlfriend, Dani, is in her local roller derby and like me loves anything from the 80's. Dani asked me for her birthday present to be one my cake creations. I of course said yes and she loves chocolate frosting and yellow cake which gave me the opportunity to actually perfect black frosting. I was very proud of my success of this cake, granted I was up til 2:00 am making it and everyone who had a piece had very black teeth, but it was all worth it in the end. With black as my base I decided to give the cake some vibrant colors, something you would see in an 80's teen movie. I went with hot pink, turquoise and orange. Creating the roller skate on top was probably one of the most challenging things I have ever given myself because I do not consider myself to be an artist. Pink is every girls, well mostly every girl's, favorite color so I made the roller skate pink. Stars accent the border of the cake to give the star for the day, Danie, feel even more special. Vertical stripes around the edge give it that extra touch. Dani's face was priceless when she saw her Roller Derby Queen Birthday cake.






1 comment: