Sunday, January 8, 2012

In a galaxy far far away...

I love to get a little creative sometimes and get away from the norm of flowers on cakes. My family loves Star Wars, especially my younger sister Courtney. Love is probably and understatement to describe her fascination with Star Wars, makes buying Christmas and birthday presents very easy. To challenge myself a little bit here I decided to make chocolate frosting into the dark sky. My first attempt at making black frosting was not as bad as I imagined it could have been. The next challenge in this cake was to make the actual Star Wars logo which as you can see and hopefully already know all of the block lettering is connected. I will not tell you my trick as to how I managed this but I was very happy with the turn out. To add the finishing touches I put a star border around the top and bottom of the cake. The inside was a yellow cake made from scratch of course. I do not believe in box cake mixes.


No comments:

Post a Comment