Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Started

For my birthday last year my dad and mom gave me cake decorating lessons. I was excited! Ever since I was just a toddler I have been baking, I cracked my first egg when I was 3 years old. The older I have gotten the more challenging recipes have been my friend. Baking is my stress reliever, I lose myself in the world of flower, sugar and eggs. It all started with my great Grandma Brooks, my dad's maternal grandmother. She was an amazing baker and loved doing it. My dad told me of times when he was younger being in the kitchen with her and learning all of her tricks. My mom learned from my Grandma Preece who knows a thing or two about the kitchen, especially in the dinner rolls department. Growing up with the parents I have, I learned to fall in love with being the kitchen and making all sorts of items from scratch. Everything was homemade in my family growing up. Everything from chocolate chip cookies and frosting to pizza and of course rolls. Now it's my turn to continue on the tradition of baking and the love of being in the kitchen to my future family. My fiance Kevin loves that I have this passion for good food and sweets and has convinced me to start this blog in hopes to have my own bakery at some point.  



1 comment:

  1. Love the cupcakes!!! These are awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete