Monday, January 9, 2012

Daffodil Bouquet

For my final project we had to use almost every element of design that we had learned. The final just so happened to be in the beginning of spring. I love spring, it is so refreshing to me. Signifies new life, fresh starts, just all around a happy time and to me daffodils are one of the ultimate happy flowers. To continue on with the fresh look I made a lemon cake with raspberry filling, my favorite combination. I went with a basic cream colored butter cream frosting on the outside with little dots through out. Around the edge of the cake I alternated daffodils and pink primrose inspired flowers made of royal frosting to give it the 'pop out look'. On the top of the cake I put a cluster of primroses, primrose inspired and a daffodil with leaves surrounding. Purple beaded border along the bottom gives it an extra color to finish it off. The cake was a hit at my office, it was gone by 11:00, I think that is a hit!





No comments:

Post a Comment